History has a fundamental value to understand the present, so at the end of a year it is important to look at what we have lived and learned, the objectives achieved and those we have had to postpone or change. When starting a new year, the occasion is the most propitious to verify our desires and then the goals and objectives that we want to achieve.
In Venezuela we are many who have "infinite desires and superb visions," as the great poet Giacomo Leopardi wrote. Desire to transform the reality we are living to seek the common good in our country; However, we are subject to a roller coaster of moods, difficulties that exceed the best forecasts, reaching levels never thought before. The worst consequence of what we live is the manners, always trying to "solve", survive and forget about living; In this way, desire falls asleep and we remain paralyzed or dead in life without seeing reality to the bottom.
Leopardi, in the Canto XXX of his poem On the portrait of a beautiful woman sculpted in the sepulchral monument of the same, he becomes a companion on the way with these verses:
Infinite desires and superb visions
Believe in wandering thinking:
by natural virtue, learned harmony;
Human nature, how if so fragile and vile in everything,
If dust and shadow are you, how tall do you feel?
It is very possible that we have ever experienced this contradiction; on the one hand, infinite desires in our hearts (beauty, justice, truth), which we try to identify with many things, projects and experiences that generate that "learned harmony"; and, on the other hand, a great fragility in front of the factors that we do not control and overwhelm us or cause that the desire is extinguished.
In that whirlwind it is essential to have an adequate posture in front of what happens, because it is often an unforeseen thing that surprises us and takes us out of lethargy, and if we are distracted we can miss the best part: a look, a landscape, a friendly word , or even an unwanted situation that shakes us. Don Luigi Giussani said that the best hypothesis to understand why the shadows in a gloom was not looking at them, but to face the point, even if it is weak, where the light comes from.
So, can these wishes of the beginning of the year be maintained even with such dramatic circumstances? Is it possible that reality hides an ultimate positivity so that it becomes our ally? Everyone must answer on their own. I am convinced that it is possible, because something always happens or I find someone who helps me look at the points of light in the shadows and thus, the desire to continue is reborn.
Venezuela has new Cuidadores360 (Caregivers360)!
On December 4th, the graduation of the Short Course Cuidadores360 was carried out, in partnership with Central University of Venezuela and the collaboration of Clínica El Ávila, Farmatodo Venezuela and the Firemen of the Capital District. The ceremony was held at the Impact Hub Caracas and was attended by allies such as Rafael Mucci, Vicente Marzullo, Yuly Rawik; facilitators and relatives of the 15 graduates, who for 8 weeks prepared in theoretical and practical classes to practice the trade.
Trabajo y Persona met the artists and allies of the Mpusica y Trabajo (Music and Work) project
On December 6th, an intimate meeting was held with the artists and allies that made the “Venezuela. El pueblo, el canto, el trabajo”. In the Impact Hub Caracas, Trabajo y Persona representatives shared the origin and content of this proposal that integrates words, images, sounds, aromas and flavors that made present the beauty of tradition. In addition, it was the occasion to listen to the impressions of the protagonists, taste a chocolate tasting, listen to some live pieces, and try some products related to the trades present in this proposal.
Emprendedoras Gastronómicas of Carúpano presented their business plans
On December 18th, the 17 participants of the 2nd cohort of the Emprendimiento y Nutrición – Gastronomía360 (Entrepreneurship and Nutrition - Gastronomy360) program presented their entrepreneurship proposals to a jury composed of the bishop of the Diocese of Carúpano, Monsignor Jaime Villarroel; CECAL Training Coordinator Mother Alberta Giménez, Josmar González; the manager of the Eurocaribe Hotel, José Leonardo Termini; and the director of Caritas Carúpano, the Pbro. Jesús Villarroel; all these institutions allied to the project together with Ford Motor of Venezuela. The activity was carried out in the Main Hall of the Santa Ana House.
Emprendedoras Gastronómicas (Gastronomic Entrepreneurs) of Carúpano made presentation of "final dish"
On December 23ed and on Christmas eve, the participants of the 2nd cohort of the Emprendimiento y Nutricipon – Gastronomía360 program, offered, as closing of the training, a menu presented in four stages, with ingredients easily accessible in the town; In addition, the entrepreneurs told about the origin of each dish, main ingredients, the plating and the nutritional benefit that it brings when consumed. This activity was carried out in the Main Hall of the Santa Ana House and had a jury composed of representatives of the Diocese of Carúpano, Ron Carúpano, Rio Caribe School and Laboratory, and Trabajo y Persona.
Trabajo y Persona returned to Italy at the invitation of allies
The founder of Trabajo y Persona, Alejandro Marius, traveled to Italy in December to participate in various meetings such as the Santa Lucia Dinner in Padova, sharing the experience of the organization with more than 1,000 diners and young people who are forming in training centers. In addition, thanks to the Associazione Centri Culturali, he participated in an activity carried out by the Centro Cultural di Milano, together with Bernhard Scholz; and in Lugano, invited by the cultural center of that city. He was also in Padova, sharing in the Christmas event of the Giotto Cooperative, inside the Due Palazzi prison, where they offer job opportunities to the inmates.
Entrepreneurs of Valencia presented Business Plan
On December 19th and 20th, the 14 participants of the 1st cohort of the Emprendimiento y Nutrición – Gastronomía360 program in Valencia, presented their entrepreneurship proposals, together with their products, to an evaluation jury composed of the vice president of Cavenit Carabobo, Antonella Pinto ; the gastronomy trainer, Osiris Gonzales; the chef of the Hotel Cristal Park, Robert Ojeda; the regional coordinator, César Córdoba; Valencia accompaniment coordinator, Endrina Closed; and the project coordinator, Gabriela Delgado; these last three, of the Trabajo y Persona team.
- To the multisensory proposal made on December 6, of the encounter with artists and allies, aromas and flavors were added that connected us with our land; were products made by the graduates of Emprendedoras del Chocolate: Verónica Prieto, Emma Torrealba and Marlene Briceño, founders of Chocolates Las Heroicas; and Violeta García, founder of Nirvana Cioccolato.
- Yesenia Díaz, Emprendedora de la Belleza (Beauty Entrepreneur), graduated from the Belleza por un Futuro (Beauty for a Future) program, opened a beauty salon called "My great love", in La Dolorita, Petare; it offers hairdressing, barber, manicure and pedicure services. This project had been raised in the business plan that was presented during the development of the program.
- Miritza Noguera Emprendedora de la Belleza, graduated from the 7th cohort of the Belleza por un Futuro program, taught basic courses at the Tiff Academy of Tiffani Moncada, graduated from the 8th cohort as an Emprendedoras de la Belleza. These courses are based on the invitation made by Tiffani who met Miritza in one of the accompaniment activities organized by Trabajo y Persona.
- Darling Rendón, Emprendedoras de la Belleza, graduated from the 8th Belleza por un Futuro cohort, led the conversation Boost your brand and personal image, in the Alta Vibra spaces, located in Sábana Grande.
- On December 6, Elen Aguilera, graduated as a Emprendedora del Chocolate in the 1st Carúpano cohort, of the Venezuela Tierra de Cacao project, and Marithé Martínez, graduated from the 2nd Emprendimiento y Nutrición – Gastronomí360 cohort, exhibited their products in the first Expo-Educarte Fair, organized by Fe y Alegría. With interactive stands, they announced to the Carupanera citizens the presentation of the work they carried out in 2019, as well as the programming for the year 2020.